Name: Amelia Mary Earhart
Born: July 24, 1897 in Atchinson, Kansas
Died: July 2, 1937 attempting to fly around the world
Married: February 7, 1931 to George Putnam
1. Earhart attended six high schools, but still managed to receive excellent grades and graduate on time.
2. Earhart never wore a typical pilot’s outfit. Instead, she dressed in a suit or dress and wore a hat instead of a helmet.
3. In 1937, Earhart met Orville Wright; one of the brothers credited with building the first successful airplane.
4. The United States government spent many weeks, as well as $4 million, attempting to find Earhart after going missing on her round the world flight.
5. Amelia Earhart was declared legally dead on January 5, 1939.